Example: Obesity Rates vs. Diabetes Rates
If you want to embed lightweight mapping functionality into a web application, or if you're just getting started
All you need is a server or portal available whose maps and tools you can use in your application.
in the ArcGIS Resource Center.
- How to create a web map
- How to add a basemap layer and center the map
- How to add layers to your map
- Using the new AMD style of coding
Geographic Data Layer Types
You will learn how to create maps and add geographic layers from a variety of sources, including:
- Tiled cached data layer service;
- Dynamic map service;
- Add graphics to the map; and
- Stream geographic features to the browser using FeatureLayers.
ArcGIS Server Tasks
Most applications also include specific functionalities implemented by ArcGIS Server as tasks. You'll learn how to use the various tasks provided by ArcGIS Server, including:
- Identification of features;
- Finding features by attributes; and
- Geoprocessing tasks.